Wednesday, May 8, 2019

It's better to say a sorry than be sorry!!

Today there was a small tiff between my him and me. But this had made the air so thick and heavy at that you could cut it with a knife. The cold war was spreading too much negativity around me and I cud sense he was restless just like me ! In such situations, I tend to run to the expert "The Me". "What is more important to me right now? Is it to prove my point right means the ultimate to me, or is it the person standing in front of me?" I ask. I get an honest reply....   Yes, it's not very easy to convince myself every time that it was I who greased the wheels for him being indignant towards me. I hold back those tears as I look at him frantically to be hugged. I feel betrayed, when he disregards to come back and talk. But when I know that he too treasures this relationship, then I should acquiesce to it!
Now, what if I wrangled? Our lives would still go forth. He would still get ready to office and leave at the same time. But.... would it be the same? I would miss hugging him talking every small thing that hpnd from morn to eve. I miss his aura around me, no laughter and no fun! All these at the cost of what? I mean, is it worth it?  Understanding what's cardinal and to act accordingly is what it takes.  So I dnt mind doing anything to mend what went wrong and don't want to validate who is right and who's wrong and hence.went up to him and said "sorry!"  and THAT resolved the issue, I wish it did.
A person who is clear about his priorities in life, a person who adores his relationship more than his ego! Trust me, it takes a lot of guts to apologize for the mistake you didn't do!  When our ego takes a back seat, we can contrive to a lot of enjoyable and memorable moments in life. Life is a compilation of many such lovely moments. It is these moments which we flash on and that brings a smile on our old wrinkled face tomorrow. And that's why I feel... "It's better to say a sorry than be sorry!!" - food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment